Hanze University of Applied Sciences is the largest and oldest university of applied sciences in the northern Netherlands. With students from 115 nationalities currently enrolled in our study programmes and an abundance of English-taught programmes.
Zernikeplein 7, 9747 AS
Tel. +31 (0)50 595 55 55
Hanze University of Applied Sciences is the largest and oldest university of applied sciences in the northern Netherlands. With students from 115 nationalities currently enrolled in our study programmes and an abundance of English-taught programmes, we can proudly say that Hanze UAS is a truly international university. We embrace our intercultural Hanze community and would love to welcome you on board.
• Wide range of programmes Whether you’re interested in business, sports, engineering, the arts or something completely different we’ve got you covered. We offer international programmes in a lot of domains, enabling you to choose exactly what’s to your liking.
• Learn by doing From day one, you will get the chance to apply the knowledge gained from your lectures in assignments and projects. You will be learning by doing, and your assignments are always supported by the right amount of theoretical background.
• Graduate with work experience Almost all our bachelor’s programmes include an internship – offering you the possibility to build your curriculum vitae and make meaningful connections while completing your study programme. This will give you an edge when entering the work force upon graduation.
• Share your talent At Hanze UAS, we encourage our students to use their talents to benefit not only themselves, but also the world around them. We aim to give you plenty of opportunities to develop your talent, and to discover talents you never knew you had. During your studies at Hanze, you can contribute to impactful projects, adding value to the professional field by creating real-world solutions to today’s issues.
• Entrepreneurial attitude With an abundance of facilities in place to help you start your own company, we can help you in case you aspire a future as an entrepreneur. Groningen – best student city You’ll come to love the city of Groningen so much, you might never want to leave. There are several reasons why Groningen was voted the Netherlands’ best student city (Elsevier) by students. Here’s why:
• Great introduction activities The KEI-week, organised every year in August, is in fact the biggest introduction week of Europe (NOS, 2018). Erasmus Student Network (ESN) Groningen also organises intro week for international students.
• World Cycling City An astonishing 60% of all traffic movements in Groningen is done by bicycle. This healthy and environmentally friendly way of transport is embraced by students as well.
• Youngest city of the Netherlands A good 25% of Groningen’s population consists of students and this enhances an amazing student atmosphere.
• Compact but complete Groningen’s a city complete in terms of facilities, shops and attractions.
• Buzzing cultural scene and great sport facilities With internationally renowned events and festivals such as Eurosonic Noorderslag and Noorderzon, Groningen’s cultural scene is alive and kicking. There’s always something to do around town, whether you’re interested in music, theatre, arts or sports.