A QS World University ranked institution, VGTU is well known for its high standard technical and engineering education and research, its innovative approach and outlook, and its strong international links.fdfd
Saulėtekio al. 11
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) is an innovative Lithuanian University, educating highly qualified and creative specialists. The University is the leader among the institutions of technological science education, ensuring modern studies, orientated to the labour market. Scientific research and experimental development is performed by 14 institutes, 2 research centres and 34 research laboratories. 30% of all degree programmes are taught in English language.
VGTU is proud of Civil Engineering Research Centre, the most modern centre in the Eastern Europe, as well as the Mobile Applications Laboratory, the biggest one in Lithuania and Creativity and Innovation Centre "LinkMenų fabrikas". Having more than 500 international higher education institutions as partners, VGTU offers wide range of international studies and internships. VGTU is the leader in Lithuania by the number of students, studying under the Erasmus Exchange Programme abroad.
In 2017–2018 QS World University Rankings, VGTU ranks at 551-600 place and now is among the top 2,1% of the best universities in the world. VGTU is ranked 41st in the "QS University Rankings: Emerging Europe and Central Asia 2017-2018" rankings, and is the leader among technical universities of Lithuania.
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University encompasses the following:
• Nearly 77.000 alumni over more than 60 years of the University‘s existence
• More than 10.500 students
• 10 faculties
• 14 research institutes, 2 research and 4 training centres, 34 research laboratories
• 940 academic staff members
• Over 100 study programmes based on three-cycle structure: undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate studies
• Over 400 business partners all over Lithuania
• Over 500 partner higher education institutions all over the world.