Students’ FAQs Answered
European Higher Education VIRTUAL Fair– India 2022
QUESTIONS ON THE VIRTUAL FAIR
1. What exactly do you mean by “Virtual Fair” and who is it meant for?
The European Higher Education Virtual Fair (EHEVF) India 2022 to be held on 21, 23 & 25 November 2022 offers a 3D virtual platform for Indian school and college students to connect with European universities and learn about the higher education opportunities available at these institutions.
Students will be able to interact with EU universities’ representatives through webinars, live chats, video calls and learn about higher education opportunities in Europe.
Students will get authentic advice and updated information directly from university faculty through live webinars in virtual auditoriums or chat sessions / video calls at university’s virtual exhibition booths.
Students can meet university faculty and staff in the virtual networking lounge and start a real conversation. They can watch videos or download information material from any of the 110+ virtual booths of universities from the 25 European Union Member States.
Students can also access information from all participating EU universities on their respective pages on this website: www.study-europe.net/join
2. Which countries are participating in the Virtual Fair this year?
Universities from 25 of the 28 European Union Member States are participating in the EHEVF India 2022 and these include universities from -
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands.
3. Which European universities and higher education institutions (HEIs) are participating in the EHEVF 2022?
Below is the list of the top 25 universities (as per QS World University Rankings 2022), which are participating in EHEVF 2022:
|Name of the Higher Education Institution
|QS WUR 2022
|Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin
|Eindhoven University of Technology
|Wageningen University and Research
|University of Groningen
|University of Twente
|Vrije Universiteit Brussel
|University of Antwerp
|Università degli studi di Padova
|University of Navarra
|University College Cork, Republic of Ireland
|University of Tartu
|Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTECH
|Politecnico di Torino
|Faculty of Sciences of the University of Lisbon
|University of Trento
|Università degli Studi di Torino
|Centro de Lenguas Modernas (Universidad de Granada)
(Full list of participating universities given in Annex)
4. Who can attend the Virtual Fair?
This virtual fair is for Indian students and professionals, who are looking to go abroad for higher education and are open to looking at the European Union member countries. We also encourage parents, teachers, educationists and everyone else interested in knowing about opportunities to study in Europe.
5. Do I have to prepare for the Fair and is there anything I need to do to attend the fair?
You don't have to make any particular preparations except Register for the fair if you have not already done so. Please register by clicking below:
Once you have registered at the above link you will receive an email on the email address you have shared. You will require to open the email and click on a link given in order to confirm your registration.
Next you should visit the link below to view the schedule of webinars and shortlist and select the webinars you wish to attend:
And then come back online at the designated day and time to attend your preferred webinar session. You can attend as many webinars as you like.
To view the list of participating institutions, click here:
You can do your research and decide in advance, which institutions would be of interest to you and you wish to interact with. University representatives of each of the participating universities will be available at their respective virtual exhibition booth to meet and interact with the attendees through Live Chat or video call during the EHEVF on 21, 23 & 25 November 2022.
6. What is the technical preparation I have to do to attend the webinar?
There is no preparation required except for you to click on the EHEVF link received on your email on the date and time of the EHEVF - that is on 21, 23, & 25 Nov 2022.
Once you enter the Virtual Hall you can speak to the Receptionist by clicking on the Avatar of the person at the reception desk and a chat box will open up. There you can send a chat message and you will receive the response immediately.
You can also speak to the staff at the reception desk by click on the video camera icon. Similarly, you can walk around the virtual networking area and meet other people there.
Or you go into the auditorium to attend a webinar that is running and then participate in the Live Q&A with the speaker.
To visit the virtual booth of the over 100 participating universities you could visit any of the five exhibition halls. There you can talk to the university staff at the booth or download the information material from the booth. You can watch videos or move to the next booth. The choice is yours.
7. How can I make use of your www.study-europe.net?
On the homepage use the search facility to locate the university of your choice by applying any or all of the filter criteria such as Country, Subject Speciality and Tuition Fees. Once you have performed the search function you can check out the short-listed universities one by one.
8. Is there an entrance fee?
No, there is no entrance fee for the Virtual Fair as the EHEVF is funded by the European Union. But online registration is mandatory to gain entry.
9. I don't know very much about studying in European HEIs, is this, ok?
You do not need to have any background information about studying in European Universities. As long as you know the course or subject you would like to study, the representatives at the university’s virtual booths and speakers in the webinars will be able to explain the available options.
10. Why should an Indian student consider going to Europe for higher education?
- Europe is globally recognized as a as a centre of excellence in learning. Each year, European universities rank prominently amongst the top 100 in the world. Europe offers state-of-the-art facilities, cutting-edge research opportunities, and competitively priced educational opportunities for Indian students.
- Tuition fees and daily costs are reasonable and relatively low compared to some regions like the US and UK.
- Europe boasts many centuries of academic excellence. Its rich academic heritage is based on many landmarks in human knowledge, and today the European higher education institutions continue to benefit from this lasting legacy. There are thousands of higher education institutions in Europe to choose from, offering a great variety of degree programmes including leading research universities to small, friendly teaching colleges.
- Many European Higher Education Institutions now offer a considerable number of graduate and post-graduate programmes in English.
- Europe is a continent with a wealth of traditions and a history as rich and varied as its many peoples and landscapes. At the same time, Europe is a hotbed for research and innovation, home to first-class resources and technologies, and top scientists working in fields ranging from medicine to space travel, nanotechnology to polar research, and from ICT to nuclear fusion.
- Europe offers a unique cultural experience in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment. Besides earning a world-class qualification, you’ll have the chance to learn new languages and intercultural skills that are of great value to future employers and an essential advantage in an ever-changing world.
- Studying in Europe gives you a top-quality education, which is recognised and respected the world over. Moreover, you can take advantage of the many scholarships that European universities offer.
- Employers won’t only be impressed by your education; they’ll also appreciate the other skills that you will have acquired during your education in Europe. Your time in Europe will prepare you for the global economy, developing assets such as self-reliance, independence and intercultural and linguistic abilities that will set you apart from the competition.
- Many countries encourage the best and brightest students to stay on after their studies. Alternatively, you can take your newly acquired skills back home with you. A European higher education will increase your mobility – across Europe and the rest of the world.
- Studying in Europe provides the perfect launchpad for your travels. Take the chance to visit our great cities, bathe on our beautiful beaches, ski in the Alps or join in the fiesta.
Participants for the European Higher Education Virtual Fair 2022
|Higher Education Institution / National Agency / EU MS / EU Project